As the end of the school year approaches, teachers will begin to prepare students for their final exams. If you're like me, that means playing review games! I am in my final week of teaching and have dedicated the next four days for review for my final exam which I will be giving on Monday, June 1. Each day I am playing a different review game with my students.
Monday: Hollywood Squares
This PowerPoint Template by Mark E. Damon is simple and easy to use. Hollywood Squares (a glorified version of tick-tack-toe) is ideal for whole class review. Here's how you play:
- Print up two sets of numbers (You need as many numbers as students) on slips of paper (two different colors).
- Pass out a number to each student (one color)
- Draw out random numbers (the opposite color) to choose two contestants to play the game. Have the two contestants come to the front of the room.
- Prepare questions on slips of paper and place them in another jar.
- Draw out a random number and a question. The student with the corresponding number answers the question. The contestant then "agrees" or "disagrees" with their answer. If they get it right, they then place an X or an O on the game board.
- Continue until someone wins!
I like this game a lot because everyone is involved; no one zones out! Once all of the numbers are used, I put them back into the jar and we do it again!
Tomorrow: Class Jeopardy!