2000: Google Mental Plex (search using mental telepathy)
2002: Pigeon Rank (the secret to Google's search algorithm is trained pigeons)
2004: Google Copernicus Center (apply for a job at Google's newest office-- on the moon!)
2005: Google Gulp (Google enters the beverage market)
2006: Google Romance (Find your soulmate)
2007 (Google was very ambitions in 2007, creating many April Fools jokes)
- Gmail Paper Archive (distrust digital? Google will print all of your emails and archive them)
- Google TiSP (wireless internet through your toilet)
2009: Google Chrome 3D (this actually works, kind of)
This is only a partial list. The fine folks at Wikipedia have put together a much more exhaustive list.
What are your predictions for this year? What will Google try to pull off?
Here are a few ideas:
- Google Tax-- move over Turbo Tax!
- Google Auto-- in a move to compete with Ford, GM integrates Google into all 2012 vehicles.
- Google Homework-- A new program that will fill in homework worksheets for students.