|Image by Jon Watson via Flickr|
A year later, we have a fully functioning program for grades 9-12 with students from around the world! The past year has been filled with challenges. This series outlines five challenges and the solutions we have employed to overcome them.
1. Lousy, Inflexible Course Content - making your courses better.
2. Is that your work? - Overcoming the challenge of cheating.
3. The Hallway Conversation - finding ways to encourage authentic conversations between students and instructors.
4. Pacing and Scheduling - helping students stay on schedule and learn discipline.
5. How does this work? - providing first hand experience to families who have no clue.
I share these things because they have been large obstacles for us to overcome, not because I feel that we have "arrived." There are new challenges that we face and are seeking to overcome. For those who are running or supporting online programs hopefully these ideas will be helpful and allow you to improve the quality of instruction you are able to offer your families.