The Electric Educator: 2009 MACUL Conference

Thursday, March 19, 2009

2009 MACUL Conference


It's been a busy month since I returned from Kosovo and I have not had time to do any blogging. Today and tomorrow I will be at the Michigan Association of Computer Users in Learning (MACUL) conference at Cobo Hall in Detroit, Michigan. Conference attendance is expected to top 4,000 this year.

The annual MACUL conference is an awesome opportunity to hear how other educators are using technology in the classroom and to browse the latest in ed. tech. hardware and software. Numerous breakout sessions, workshops and keynotes will be given during the two day conference. Last night I spent an hour going through the conference program and picking out the sessions that I will be attending. Here is what I came up with:

Thursday:
  • 8:30-9:00 Opening Keynote-- Allen November "The digital learning farm"
  • 10:00-11:00 Workshop-- Google: good to great
  • 11:00-1:00 Tour vendor exhibit hall
  • 11:30-12:30 Work at MI Learning booth in exhibit hall
    A kiosk will be setup in the exhibit hall to showcase the learning resources on the MI Learning channel of iTunesU K-12. Come and check us out!
  • 1:00-2:00 Workshop-- "Want to teach online? Free training, free or low cost content!"
  • 2:30-3:30 Workshop-- "Web 2.0 tools for classroom instruction"
  • 4:00-5:00 Workshop-- "Toys to tools: connecting students' cell phones to learning."
Thursday:
  • 8:30-9:30 Workshop-- "Creating curriculum resources on MI learning
    I am on a panel with two other teachers. We will be discussing some of the ideas and issues surrounding are creation of podcasts for student use.
  • 10:00-11:00 Workshop--
  • 11:00-1:00 Tour vendor exhibit hall
  • 11:30-12:30 MI learning round table
    The educators who have been creating and posting learning resources on the MI learning channel of iTunesU K-12 will be meeting together for an idea swapping session.
  • 1:00-2:00 Workshop-- "Creating a wiiboard for less than $100"
    This is my workshop! I will be sharing how I created a interactive smartboard using a Nintendo Wii controler.
  • 2:30-3:30 Closing Keynote-- Timothy J. Mangner "Trends in ed. tech. a national perspective."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing to my blog. I enjoy being a part of the conversation and do my best to respond to comments and questions that are posted.