The Electric Educator: Tech Training at Southfield Christian

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Tech Training at Southfield Christian

This year I am leading monthly tech workshops for the teachers in my building. I did a couple of workshops last year which were well received and encouraged me to continue this year. The Google Teacher Academy gave me lots of ideas that I'm excited to share with others. I'm also doing to do some training on the old standbys: Outlook and PowerPoint.

Just for fun, here is the handout that I am giving to teachers tomorrow during staff orientation. It lists the various software/programs/services that I will be helping the staff with. Did I leave something out that you think teachers should know? Leave me a comment!

1 comment:

  1. Nice job on the handout - especially the use of icons. Such quality should lead skeptical teachers to trust your expertise.

    One thing to consider: using Twitter with students. Not only could you teach proper and effective use of the platform but also collaborate on projects and assignments. Plus it would be a great way to remind absent-minded students (read: most) of assignment due-dates and tests. E.g. "#SCSadvbio test tomorrow! Study up."

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for contributing to my blog. I enjoy being a part of the conversation and do my best to respond to comments and questions that are posted.