The Electric Educator: Google Certification Academy

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Google Certification Academy

Blogging has taken a back-seat on my to-do list for some time now, but there is good reason! For the past six months I have been developing a new Professional Development opportunity for schools who have invested in the Google Apps Platform - The Google Certification Academy. Today I'm excited to announce the program and invite you to participate!

gCertification Academy
www.gEducator.com
The Google Certification Academy is a multi-day professional development opportunity designed to assist educators in become Google Education Certified Trainers.

In 2011 I participated in the pilot group and was one of the first Google Certified Trainers. My participation in this program has opened up tremendous professional opportunities in my life and I would like to help others access these same possibilities.

This year, Google completely revamped their certification process. The changes have increased the rigor of the program and have caused some level of confusion about the process. You can learn about the process of becoming a Google Education Certified Trainer here.

The gCertification Academy is designed to support educators as they pursue certification, providing training, encouragement, inspiration, and a supportive community.

This summer there are six certification academies planned. Including a 1-day academy at the Chromebook Institute in Downers Grove, Illinois.

The gCertification Academy has been developed so that it can be brought to YOUR school. If you are interested in being a host, contact me! If you are interested in attending a GCA, you can view the list of hosts at www.gEducator.com.

Note: the Certification Academy is not affiliated or endorsed directly by Google. The GCA is different than the Google Teacher Academy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused. If you are not affiliated with Google, is the Certification actually a valid Google Trainer certification? I am interested in becoming a GCT, but want to make sure I'm using the correct program.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joe! The GCA is designed to support you as you pursue becoming a "Google Education Certified Trainer," an endorsement given directly by Google (details here: http://goo.gl/zKO2Ha). In talking with many educators who have pursued certification, It became clear that having the support of a cohort of individuals would be beneficial. The GCA program provides a framework, guidance, encouragement, and collaborative support so that you are successful in become a "Google Education Certified Trainer." Feel free to reach out me via email (jrsowash[at]sowashventures[dot]com) and I can send along more details.

      Delete

Thanks for contributing to my blog. I enjoy being a part of the conversation and do my best to respond to comments and questions that are posted.