An entire mini-economy has sprung up promising to provide friends, followers, and subscribers, for a nominal fee.
- Peace and quiet
- Frustration at the amount of time it takes to maintain shallow relationships
- Simply don't like people
How to get "unfriended" on Facebook:
1. Incessantly post about Farmville, MobWars, Fast Money, etc.
4. Post birthday wishes to the walls of "friends" you have neither seen, spoke to, or communicated with in years in an attempt to appear like you care.
5. Join a bunch of completely useless, pointless, and ridiculous groups/pages.
How to get "unfollowed" on Twitter:
1. Participate in every "tweet to win" scheme you can find.
3. Tweet about what you ate...for every meal.
5. RT Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Ashton Kutcher, etc on a regular basis.
How to get people to "unsubscribe" from your blog:
1. Don't allow those who read blogs through an RSS reader to access the full text of your blog post-- force them to visit your blog every single time they want to read what you have to say.
Charlie Bit Me" video.
4. Add so many gadgets, widgets, and do-dads to your site that readers can't even find your posts.
5. Ask for comments, but never reply to them.