The Electric Educator: 2012 miGoogle Conference

Friday, November 2, 2012

2012 miGoogle Conference




Over the past few months I have been busy coordinating the first annual Michigan Google Apps Summit (miGoogle). While it was a lot of work, I was excited to be able to help provide an opportunity for educators from around the state to learn and collaborate together.

The summit was made possible by sponsorship from Google, MACUL and Southfield Christian School. Over 300 educators from around the state, representing 100 school districts, were in attendance. The conference was launched by a keynote presentation from Google+ product manager Ronald Ho who encouraged educators to prepare students for the jobs of the future by focusing on collaboration and critical thinking skills.

Over 30 presenters led 48 unique workshops on a wide range of Google products. I greatly appreciate the effort each presenter put into their sessions. The quality of each workshop was outstanding.


For those who were unable to attend, there are several ways that you can still benefit from the conference:

Session Resources: each presenter was asked to update their session page with links to their resources and handouts. Some have even posted full length videos of their sessions.

Archived Sessions: six sessions were selected to be live-streamed on Google+ and are available for on-demand access via YouTube:
I wish to extend my thanks to the great time that assisted in planning and facilitating the conference. I could not have done it without the great support I received! 

Mark your calendar! The 2013 miGoogle conference will be held on Friday, October 26! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for contributing to my blog. I enjoy being a part of the conversation and do my best to respond to comments and questions that are posted.