The summit was made possible by sponsorship from Google, MACUL and Southfield Christian School. Over 300 educators from around the state, representing 100 school districts, were in attendance. The conference was launched by a keynote presentation from Google+ product manager Ronald Ho who encouraged educators to prepare students for the jobs of the future by focusing on collaboration and critical thinking skills.
Over 30 presenters led 48 unique workshops on a wide range of Google products. I greatly appreciate the effort each presenter put into their sessions. The quality of each workshop was outstanding.
For those who were unable to attend, there are several ways that you can still benefit from the conference:
Session Resources: each presenter was asked to update their session page with links to their resources and handouts. Some have even posted full length videos of their sessions.
Archived Sessions: six sessions were selected to be live-streamed on Google+ and are available for on-demand access via YouTube:
- Keynote: Ronald Ho, Google+ Product Manager: Watch on YouTube
- Using Google Apps on Your iPad, Presenter: Sean Beavers: Watch on YouTube
- Going Google...Our move to Google Apps for Education, Presenters: Scot Graden & Heather Kellstrom: Watch on YouTube
- Standards-Based Grading and Assessment with Google Apps, Presenter: Gary Abud & Drew Steinman: Watch on YouTube
- Blogger: A Digital Canvas , Presenter: Nick Provenzano: Watch on YouTube
- How to do it all from Google Drive, Presenter: Eric Griffith: Watch on YouTube
Mark your calendar! The 2013 miGoogle conference will be held on Friday, October 26!